Mittwoch, Februar 25, 2009

maybe I should avoid the news

talking about the news in Switzerland, the Tagesschau, 10 vor 10, BaZ and other mediocre sources.

You spend a lot of time with biased, pre-judged and narrow-minded selection of news, strangely presented. It doesn't surprise me that Switzerland is not half as open, democratic and value-based as it claims to be. I even understand how it happens, and I find it difficult not to be sucked into the same dull but strong stream.

my problem is just, I am not happy with left or right either. I just miss individual thinking, tolerance without accepting everything. I perceive it as so swiss to teach all the time, everything has to make sense, and it is very clearly defined what goes and what not. 

I am so happy meeting all my friends here back home, and I look forward to my job, but I am a bit scared that I might re-integrate too much and become another Besserwisser...

Kommentare:

Peter (Worldman): hat gesagt…

I am confident that, for this, you will not re-integrate too much and become a Besserwisser or even a Neinsager. First, you are (in my numble opinion) not that type of person and you have been away to long and seen to many un-Swiss things. And like the yellow fever vaccination, THIS vaccination lasts for a long time too, if not for ever.

And then, if I may suggest, watch Al Jazeerah. They don't talk much about Switzerland. :-)

Hafez hat gesagt…

first,... welcome home.
I know hat feeling,... It put me into a deep depression after I came back from Afghanistan. My first Job in "normallity" was writing for our newspaper about the birthday of a "seehund" in Knie's Kinderzoo... It was the most important nes on that certain day... I got deeply depressed and since that time I started writing my blog...

Hafez hat gesagt…

lets make an "Pumuckl-meeting" in les arcades in Zuerich with worldman, you and me,...
I am back from Kosovo now

Hafez hat gesagt…

no basler fasnacht?